Character Name:
Axyl

Character Class:
Warrior

Current Server:
Twisting Nether

Please provide a link to your armory profile:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Axyl/advanced

What main spec are you applying as, and what is your experience with this spec?:
My main spec is Protection, and I've been raiding as it since about halfway through TBC.
My exp in SoO so far is 9/14hc.

What is your off-spec and experience with playing this?:
Fury/Arms, depends on what is generally regarded the best for the current patch (ie. fury atm).
I try to keep up with my knowledge of my off spec, but I don't get to practice it much due to being a full time tank. In current content I haven't played Fury at all.

Do you research your class and keep updated with class information - what information sources do you use?:
Yes, I always keep up to date with theorycrafting, any changes to the class etc.
Like everyone else and their mother I used EJ when it was still active, but now I'm mostly using the Warrior subforum on MMO-Champ, as there's a lot of experienced warriors posting there, and there's no other active warrior forum/community hub as far as I'm aware.

Please tell us what part of the legendary questline you are on:
Finished it.

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:
http://i.imgur.com/54NFlc1.jpg is the latest screenshot I have from a raiding PoV. I've changed a few things since then (such as the WA setup), but it's basically ElvUI along with battle text, WA and BigWigs.

Please provide us with a link to a recent log (even if just LFR):
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/8waq1is3sgqrgki1/ is the latest log I have, there's others under the Kitty Spins tag on WoL.

Raid Information

We raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 until 00:00 - are you able to attend all of these raid days? If not, please explain.:
I'm able to attend every day.

Tell us about your raid experience:
I've been actively raiding since some time during TBC, but admittedly never at a very high level.
In MoP my experience has been 9/14hc in SoO, 5/13hc in ToT and 2/16hc in T14. T14 was an utterly horrible tier for my guild, we spent a long while not raiding simply because our server was too dead for us to recruit people. Towards the end of the tier we transferred to Twisting Nether and recovered a tiny bit.
I'd happily go into more detail about pre-MoP experience over voice chat or whatever, instead of writing a wall of text here.

Do you research boss fights in advance - what information sources do you use?:
Yes, I always research the next few bosses in advance, so I at least have a general idea of what I should be doing. I use different guide on Youtube, (Fatboss has been my go-to for SoO) MMO-Champ forums, Icy-Veins, or just googling the encounter to find out about more specific tactics or details.

We use TeamSpeak 3, do you have this installed?:
Yes

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it?:
Yes

To distribute loot we use a loot council. This is based around officers distributing items in a way that will benefit the entire raid team. Do you have any experience with this system?:
At the start of MoP my guild switched from using a DKP system to a loot council-ish system, although the decisions were often up to the people actually interested in the items. It worked out well since we were a fairly tight-knit guild.
In general I think a loot council system is the best solution for loot distribution, as gear is an important part of progression, especially early on in a tier.

Guild Information

How did you find out about Lunacy and why are you interested in joining us?:
Anngrim contacted me, and I'm guessing he found me through Wowprogress.

I read your recruitment thread and website and talked a bit with Ann, and I feel like it would be a good place for me to actually push a bit harder for progress while still maintaining a nice social feeling in the guild. I want progress, but I also don't want to raid with a group of people I don't particularly like or care about.

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving:
Kitty Spins - I was in this guild for several years. It was the first somewhat serious raiding guild I joined, and I've stayed in it since, although it's gotten a lot smaller over time. We were raiding 10 man on a 6h/week schedule after Cata. After we killed Malkorok hc a few weeks ago, progress came to a halt and a lot of people started to lose interest in SoO, so we agreed to stop raiding about two weeks ago.

iNvert - My current guild. I sat raidless for about a week without applying anywhere, and I decided to just apply to the first guild with similar progress I came across. I applied and got accepted within 30 minutes, and was then asked if I wanted to raid the same night. Turns out it's not such a great place at all, and I could go more into detail in person. I know applying here so soon after might make it seem like I'm trying to guild hop, but that's not my goal at all.

About You

It would be helpful to have your Battletag to contact you, so please tell us what it is:
Haxul#2840

Please tell us about yourself :
My name's Axel and I'm a 21 year-old student. I probably play WoW (or other games) a bit more than I should, and I'd describe myself as a "gamer" over anything else. The name of my character stems from when a friend tried to use his own real name, only to find out it's flagged across the entire game and can't even be used to name battle pets, etc. Now obviously my own name was taken on such a high pop server as Twisting Nether, so I just changed a letter and it's basically pronounced the same. It's not just me having a terrible imagination!

I enjoy raiding and meeting new people online, and just because I don't use smilies and try to type "properly" it doesn't mean I'm always super serious and boring. I know how to take a joke and have a laugh with people.
That said, I try my best while progressing, and knowing how to have fun doesn't always = goofing around.

What are your main goals in WoW?:
My goal is to kill bosses and enjoy myself while doing so. My current main goals are to kill Garrosh and find a good guild to be in for WoD and beyond.
I don't really have any interest in PvP whatsoever.

Do you have a stable internet connection?:
Yes.

Is there anything else you would like to add to support your application?:
Nothing that I can think of.

Hasprus

re: APPROVED - App: Hasprus - by Shader!

Hello Axel,

Thank you for your application, we'll discuss your application and get back to you soon. If we have any questions an officer will either contact you through battle.net or reply here.

From what I've read it's well written application, but I know diddly about tanks :)

Alari

Alarí

re: APPROVED - App: Hasprus - by Shader!

Welcome :)

Please read up on seals and be prepared to discuss them in length at next raid, puns will also be required.

You're going to have a whale of a time here.

Alarí

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum