Character Name:
Kyrsten

Character Class:
Hunter

Current Server:
Chamber of Aspects

Please provide a link to your armory profile:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chamber-of-aspects/Kyrsten/advanced

What main spec are you applying as, and what is your experience with this spec?:
Beast Mastery. This question has some overlap with the one about raid experience. The short version here is: I have played since the vanilla beta and have always played both my hunter and shaman. Raided as soon as raids came out and took breaks during SWP and DS.

What is your off-spec and experience with playing this?:
My offspec is Survival. Currently there isn't much difference across the specs as far as playstyle goes.

Do you research your class and keep updated with class information - what information sources do you use?:
I used to theorycraft quite heavily, contributing to the Elitist Jerks theorycrafting forums for Enhancement Shamans. I don't actively theorycraft anymore but I am always up to date with latest developments for any class I raid with. I let Ask Mr. Robot do the calculations for me though. ;)

Please tell us what part of the legendary questline you are on:
Finished

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:
http://s24.postimg.org/4wk4u426d/Wo_WScrn_Shot_041914_144011.jpg

Please provide us with a link to a recent log (even if just LFR):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wptflfm84pu9tpn1/

Raid Information

We raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 until 00:00 - are you able to attend all of these raid days? If not, please explain.:
I may sometimes not be able to raid on these days/times due to work. If that happens though I will know weeks in advance.

Tell us about your raid experience:
I have cleared all content competitively pre-MOP besides SWP and DS, during which I took a break. My first raids were in LBRS/UBRS and Molten Core.

Do you research boss fights in advance - what information sources do you use?:
I watch a fatboss video, but in the past I would be on bosses that have no videos of them yet (beta), meaning trial and error.

We use TeamSpeak 3, do you have this installed?:
Yes

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it?:
Yes

To distribute loot we use a loot council. This is based around officers distributing items in a way that will benefit the entire raid team. Do you have any experience with this system?:
I have raided in such a loot system before. It's "risky" because it can be hard to deal with a difference in opinion as to what's fair or better. But, executed well with the right group, it is in my opinion the best system.

Guild Information

How did you find out about Lunacy and why are you interested in joining us?:
I found your thread on MMO-Champion's forums. Your raid times and days suit me, your progress suits me. I'm eager to get to know you guys directly to find out if our personalities match.

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving:
This account is new so you can't really tell much but I have basically been in 2 guilds. I started on Azjol-Nerub where I raided in a top-3 guild (Dark Crusaders) for years. I changed guilds to Hyperion, which later merged with Rage of Ancients during my break.
I was happy in Rage of Ancients for quite a while. I accepted that Rage of Ancients had a much more social approach than the guilds I used to be in. In fact it's what I was looking for! This means you have a couple of players that are maybe not quite good enough for the level of raiding I want, but the atmosphere is much more relaxed and enjoyable. For the past 6 months though attendance has been progressively worse, and some new people have joined that I didn't get along with at all. Since the social aspect of the guild pretty much disappeared for me I didn't see much point to staying anymore.

About You

It would be helpful to have your Battletag to contact you, so please tell us what it is:
Kyrsten#2544

Please tell us about yourself :
I'm 28 years old, have a steady relationship and a steady job that I enjoy. I box 2 or 3 times a week to keep fit and have an active social life. World of Warcraft is a hobby that I enjoy and don't mind planning my week around. My girlfriend minds a bit more, but she's accepted that this is part of what I want to do.

What are your main goals in WoW?:
I want to clear content before new content comes out or before it gets nerfed. I want to do this with people I can relax around. My focus in the game is raiding. That means I want to do well raiding, but not at the cost of relaxation. It should be fun, not a chore.

Do you have a stable internet connection?:
Yes

Is there anything else you would like to add to support your application?:
The link to the log is pretty old, and my gear was about 10 itemlevels lower.
Since the account I'm playing on now is new a lot of what I'm telling you can't be verified as the characters don't exist anymore. Sorry!

Léon

re: DECLINED - App: Léon - by anngrim

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your application.

You said that you will sometimes miss raids due to work, how often is this likely to happen? We like to keep a small roster to prevent consistent benching and people falling behind.

Sohrae
Officer

Sohrae wrote:

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your application.

You said that you will sometimes miss raids due to work, how often is this likely to happen? We like to keep a small roster to prevent consistent benching and people falling behind.

Once in a blue moon. It's not likely, just possible. 

Léon

Thank you for your interest in us, but we will unfortunately be declining your application at this time.

The best of luck on your search for a new home.

anngrim
Guild Master

anngrim wrote:

Thank you for your interest in us, but we will unfortunately be declining your application at this time.

The best of luck on your search for a new home.

Any possibility of hearing why?

Hey Kyrsten,

You said that you raided competitively before MoP was released, but have not said much about your raid experience in MoP at all. Although we aren't too bothered about previous raiding tiers as such (pre-MoP especially), it seems odd that you would not have mentioned T14 and T15? You have said this is a new account which obviously explains why we can't check any of this information ourselves. All of your experience of heroic raiding this tier seems to have been within the last 2 months.

One thing that I did find odd was that you said attendance has dropped in the last 6 months in your previous guild, but all guild track sites indicate you joined this guild on January 29 2014, which means you have only been in this guild for 2 and a half months?

Again, I assume this is to do with you having a new account but you have not explained why you have a new account unless it is a sensitive subject, I can only think that this is because you were away from DS until now? Honestly it does raise several questions about your general history, if it appears you have only stuck in your previous guild for a couple of months where you got all of your current heroic kills. Generally old accounts/characters can still be shown unless they have been inactive for a long period of time, but again you have not mentioned much about this.

There just seems to be some inconsistency in your history in general, I would rather have known more about what you did in MoP than 2 expansions ago? DS was released in 2011 and MoP in 2012, did you stop playing for almost 3 years?

Sohrae
Officer

Hi Sohrae,

I would have been happy to answer any and all of your question in-game, or here. Not sure if there's any point still?

I took breaks during those raiding tiers only, and have raided the rest, including those in MoP now. My raiding and guild history was actually really consistent. The characters that are available for checking are so limited because this account is new. As you said, 2,5 months ago.

The old chars aren't available for checking. I didn't elaborate on this because it's a relatively long story and TOS-sensitive. Short version: I played on an account that was originally a friend of mine's for 6+ years. We haven't been friends for a while and he decided to take the account back without any announcement. He moved the chars and changed their names. There are some tools available for tracking these changes and finding the new chars, but I wasn't able to locate them. 

I can give you the names of my old GM and what I would call the vice-GM if you want to verify my experience and/or skill. I left without any bad blood between me or anyone in the officer's corps so I'm sure they'll confirm what I've told you.

I suppose it was a mistake to emphasise the older content rather than the newer content. Brainfart?

TL;DR: New account and char but same class, same guild, long history. If you want some names to confirm feel free to send me a whisper or mail in-game!

Sorry, forgot to log in to post, but the above post is of course by me.

Also I forgot to mention:

I said competitively because I used to be in a guild that actively pursued a top-10 spot in the EU rankings. So I was trying to indicate a level and intensity of raiding that I've proven to be capable of, but no longer desire.

Léon

I was wondering if anything has changed. I didn't apply anywhere else, so I would like to know if I should look elsewhere?

Léon

Thank you for your interest Kyrsten but we will be sticking with our original decision, we still have a few people that we are talking to and are in no rush to find the last person for our team. It is understandable if you would prefer to look elsewhere. Good luck with your search.

Sohrae
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum