Character Name:
Hárdwéll

Character Class:
Hunter

Current Server:
Stormscale Eu

Please provide a link to your armory profile:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/H%C3%A1rdw%C3%A9ll/advanced

What main spec are you applying as, and what is your experience with this spec?:
There's no real main specialization for a hunter really, I use both Survival / Beast mastery depending on the fight and situation. Both of them obviously have some Pros and Cons and the following is my overview on this fact.

[Beast Mastery]

> Pros
- Strong burst capability. For example, if you are on conveyor belt duty for Siegecrafter Blackfuse, you can make sure your Bestial Wrath is available for each belt and have little trouble downing the add.
- Some of the best AoE in the game if you use Blink Strikes.
- Can use almost any piece of gear optimally. The three secondary stats (crit, haste, mastery) for beast mastery are virtually equal in value and they synergize in a way that you can stack any of them.
- More pet buffs available.

> Cons
- Requires extra pet management, including certain macros to ensure the pet is switching targets properly.
- Not ideal for heavy target switching fights. DPS time is lost as pet runs slowly between targets.
- Blink Strikes is the only viable option in the level 75 talent tier because of its interaction with beast mastery AoE and its blink functionality to improve pet DPS uptime.

[Survival]

> Pros

- Capable of excellent sustained DPS. With the T16 4-piece bonus and a high amount of crit, it is arguably higher single-target sustained DPS than beast mastery.
- Set-and-forget AoE. With Serpent Sting ticking on every target in sight with very little management, allowing to continue a full single-target rotation on primary target.
- Good for target switching fights, with the option of leaving your pet full-time on a single target so it has no DPS downtime, e.g. General Nazgrim.

> Cons

- Less burst capability. A prime example is how much more opening damage beast mastery can do on Kor'kron Dark Shaman to get those wolves down compared to survival (as much as a million more DPS for the first 5-10 seconds). However, if you know a need for burst is incoming, you can always fish for a Lock and Load proc with a trap.
- Crit is far and above the best secondary stat, so survival needs crit on as many pieces as possible for optimal damage. Crit/haste pieces are especially needed as mastery is quite weak here. Basically when using survival, you'll need to picky on what gear you need on and what parts suit you best.

[Conclusion]
I really feel that both of the specs have their fun parts and useful means of play, however I do tend to stick to survival more frequently due to the fact that my current gear suits it perfectly. I do not mean that I haven't mastered Bm as-well, but everyone has his/her preferences.

What is your off-spec and experience with playing this?:
Answered in the above question!

Do you research your class and keep updated with class information - what information sources do you use?:
This question is like asking a chef, "Do you make a cultural-based meal with newly invented ingredients?".
Well, there are the few of the lot who will try to use their bravery and try out something new, but in most cases, we must follow the path of those whom experienced stuff before us, and eventually be able to bring out something new out of their guidelines. I really feel that there are by far more dedicated hunter players out there, putting helpful resources for those whom could use it to enhance their experience. In my situation, I applaud and appreciate such dedication from these players. I do find these sources helpful, and I definitely do use them. One must also keep in mind, that not everything out there is potentially helpful and correct, I mean it is the Internet after-all... Sources which I find to be most likely correct would definitely be wow-head and Joystick.com, wow-mmo tends to have good resources, but it's full of big asses, which try to pretend their preaching their own bible, which is usually full of Crap.

Please tell us what part of the legendary questline you are on:
As I have explained to one of the recruiters in-game, my main reasons of creating a horde based character on a totally different account was :
(1) RAF was enabled for Maltese players.
(2) My friends are all horde-based.
I am therefore fairly new to the legendary quest line, currently collecting my 3000 VP. After these 3 weeks are over and done with, the rest of the quest should be fairly simple to execute with the more possibility of having the required items dropped.

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:
http://imgur.com/8Aie5ft

Please provide us with a link to a recent log (even if just LFR):
N/A For now, discussed with recruiter.

Raid Information

We raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 until 00:00 - are you able to attend all of these raid days? If not, please explain.:
Yes, that's entirely fine by me. As I said, I do and will still be raiding with my other guild, however we are a late-night guild and we start invites at 00:45.

Answer to question : Yes I can attend all the said dates and times regularly.

Tell us about your raid experience:
I've been raiding since Vanilla, however I only went HardCore raiding in the past 2 expansions (ToT And SoO). I really enjoy raiding, to a certain point that while I'm supposed to be paying attention to some programming lecture at university, I'm surfing my Ipad to learn new means of how to deal better on certain mechanics (Or anything to do with enhancing my raiding experience). The thing which makes Raiding so much fun for me is the fact that I am a very competitive player, and I want no-one in my country being the best at my class in Pve (Don't worry, not bluffing but I'm the first person in Malta to have killed Garrosh Hc First.)
Wiping also means a lot to me, not in a bad manner where people expect elders to shout at them or point them out in a negative manner, but I really appreciate when the rest of the group put effort, resulting in progression. After-all, we all humans and it's quite impossible to execute everything in a perfect manner at first hand.

Do you research boss fights in advance - what information sources do you use?:
Yes, I do. I feel that it is each and every raiders' responsibility to prepare themselves before encountering a new fight (or re-attempting it for progression). One has to understand that there are certain things one needs to know-of before actually attempting a fight, and things that one learns during progression. Example: It is one thing not to know that Ricochet will need to avoided on Juggernaut Hc, rather then not knowing what the hell is that blade wasting our combat ress. Similarly, one will be better off knowing that there will be some intense defensive utility and healing during siege mode, and then sorting out what's best to be used after some different combinations on progression, rather then not knowing of what is to happen.
What I intend to mean by all of this is that Research is MANDATORY. If you are to expect someone to point out everything, specific to each and every individual, that I'm sorry but that person is not a raider, but more of a lazy ass not willing to put his effort in those few hours of raiding.

Sources which I tend to use are fatboss and Gabestah's [VOX] guides. I mean fatboss' guides are really straight forward and simple to know the mandatory to achieve the kill whilst Gabestah's guides are more focused on specific roles, aside from being general.

We use TeamSpeak 3, do you have this installed?:
Yes

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it?:
Yes

To distribute loot we use a loot council. This is based around officers distributing items in a way that will benefit the entire raid team. Do you have any experience with this system?:
Yes, in my 25man Hc guild we use the same situation where people which will perform better if granted that item will be given the item. We believe that equality is a prime factor in raiding, especially 25man. It is better off having an equally powerful group, rather then being dependant on specifically over geared people.

Guild Information

How did you find out about Lunacy and why are you interested in joining us?:
I found your guild advert on the Forums basically. After having a conversation with one of the recruiters, I started to have good feelings that this guild would satisfy my needs. I do have a home guild already, but I really wish that most of my evening gaming is filled with enjoyable gaming, I mean raiding is what I like to do, and there's no way I'm going to study after 7 Pm :)

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving:
I'm currently raiding in a 25man HC guild on silvermoon eu, we've cleared 14/14 hc Current Raiding tier and we've also cleared 13/13 Hc last expansion (ToT). I am not leaving the guild, however by applying to this guild, I would be filling more of my free evening time with something I love to do.

About You

It would be helpful to have your Battletag to contact you, so please tell us what it is:
brendan#2160

Please tell us about yourself :
My name's Brendan-Mark, people call me "B" or Brendan :P. I am an 18 year old university student in Malta, studying a Degree in Software Development. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, whilst also enjoying leisure reading and gaming. I try to keep myself healthy by staying away from fast-foods and keeping myself active. I love sports, especially Motorsports, where I am a competing driver in the Rally/Track Racing. I'll stop this question here, but you will, know more about me soon hopefully Happy
P.S. You should have put a question "How quiet would you rate youself on teamspeak" Don't worry, I am quite focused when intend to, and quite a nice person to be around when there's room for that Happy Hopefully there's room for both.

What are your main goals in WoW?:
Being a very fun game to play, I'd stick to keeping WoW as a competitive place where both competition and fun are in unity. I have no intentions into making WoW my main focus in life, and there should be no reason why anyone would ever think or even worse seduce himself to that statement. We should all play this game for the fact of it being a Fun activity.

Do you have a stable internet connection?:
Yes I do.

Is there anything else you would like to add to support your application?:
I'll finish this application with a joke and hopefully you'd be able to send in a reply to this application with an answer to my joke!
Rules : Don't use the internet (Cheaters :P )

What happens when 22 Orcs meet a gnome?

P.S
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share this information with you Happy Regardless of your decision, I wish you all great health and success.
Hope To hear from you soon,
Brendan

Mázzá

re: DECLINED - App: HardwellHunter - by Sohrae

Hello Hárdwéll,

Welcome to the forum, please give us some time to review your application. If we have any questions we will ask here or contact you ingame.

Thank you,

Lunacy Management.

Sohrae
Officer

Sohrae wrote:

Hello Hárdwéll,

Welcome to the forum, please give us some time to review your application. If we have any questions we will ask here or contact you ingame.

Thank you,

Lunacy Management.

Many thanks :)

Mázzá

Thank you for your interest in Lunacy, but we will unfortunately be declining your application at this time.

The best of luck in your search for a guild.

Lunacy Management.

Sohrae
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum