Who's Online
None

View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: TRIAL FAILED - App: Velayna(Sexiest EU) - by Shader!

The application submitted by Velayna(Sexiest EU) is as follows:

Quote:
Your Character Character Name: Velayna Character Class: Mage Current Server: Kazzak Please provide a link to your armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Velayna/simple What main spec are you applying as, and what is your experience with this spec?: I play as Fire, I have pretty much always played Fire ever since I rerolled to my mage way back at the end of the TBC expansion. I can play Arcane and Frost as well (both in PvE and PvP) however I just love the mobility Fire gives. It holds up as a strong spec for both single and cleave. My gear and reforges/gems/enchants are all about building up my Crit as much as possible, it is the strongest stat for a Fire mage, it even tops Intellect.

Below are my talents, with the first listed as the regular talent for most fights, but not always as I do change them about for certain encounters.

Tier 1: Presence of Mind - Free instant pyroblasts, straight DPS increase, pretty straight forward choice. Blazing speed isn't that great, I have enough mobility already including Nitro Boosts.

Tier 2: Temporal Shield - Used when big damage is incoming, it almost always beats Ice Barrier with the added bonus it isn't on the global cooldown.

Tier 3: Bit of a "meh" tier for PvE purposes, Ice Ward and RoF can and have had situational use this expansion but nothing totally noteworthy.

Tier 4: Cauterize - I just love the protection it gives and use this talent 99.9% of the time. Greater Invisibility is great but overall Cauterize tops it for me.

Tier 5: Situational really, this is the tier I change most, but generally I use Living Bomb the most if I had to list one.

Tier 6: Invocation - Every boss without fail (as Fire) the other two are a waste of time.

Below are my Glyph choices,

Combustion - 100% place, it is essential. It allows cooldowns to be ready every "other" combustion generally (including Alter Time). If any Fire mage isn't using this glyph he is doing it wrong.

Inferno Blast - Gives another cleave target, always used if there are enough enemies to do so.

Cone of Cold - Great for big aoe fights, does a lot of damage, significantly more than 1x Arcane Explosion.

Rapid Displacement - Great for fights where mobility is key, such as Thok (it gives Blink 2 charges, like a Monk's roll ability).

Arcane Explosion - A must have on big AoE fights, you hit more targets, simple.

Remove Curse - 5% damage buff for 10 seconds, shame there hasn't been any de-cursing to do this expansion.

Evocation - Free heal, not great, not awful. What is your off-spec and experience with playing this?: My current offspec is Frost which I use to PvP with. I can play all specs in PvE, however my gear is massively tailored towards Fire so it would be sub-optimal to change at this point. Do you research your class and keep updated with class information - what information sources do you use?: From time to time I visit forums to keep up to date on class information. Icy Veins is good, and generally just talking to people on various forum boards such as mmo-champion is a great way to keep up to date. I spend a lot of time on the target dummies as well, doesn't hurt to keep your skills sharp. Please tell us what part of the legendary questline you are on: Completed. Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/DolkarStormscale/WoWScrnShot_032214_115958_zps1d6ef4d5.jpg Please provide us with a link to a recent log (even if just LFR): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/277877/ Raid Information We raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 until 00:00 - are you able to attend all of these raid days? If not, please explain.: I can raid all those days and times, including the same for alt run/flex and so on. Tell us about your raid experience: Vanilla: I actually didn't raid back then mostly because I was still using Dial-Up Internet. I rerolled a lot as well and 5 mans were generally my end game back then. I really wish I had been able to experience the Vanilla raids back then however.. but I don't regret anything I have a ton of good memories of Vanilla.

TBC: I finally started my raiding career. Karazhan will always be one of my favourite raids just because this is where my first raiding experiences came from. The whole expansion was awesome though and I cleared everything up to and including Felmyst in the Sunwell.

WOTLK: I cleared all content this expansion on Heroic mode. My biggest moment of this expansion was a Realm First LK 25 Heroic kill (world 120ish). It was and still is my greatest achievement in this game, no boss kill nerd scream has come even close as when we finally killed this guy.

Cata: All content cleared on Heroic mode once again.

MoP: All content cleared on Heroic mode up to 10/14 Heroic in SoO which extensive experience on both Thok and Garrosh Heroic. Do you research boss fights in advance - what information sources do you use?: The in game Dungeon Journal is under-rated imo, it is very useful for double checking exactly what a certain ability does. Fat Boss is perfect as well, since they are tailor made for 10man raiding. We use TeamSpeak 3, do you have this installed?: Yes Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it?: Yes To distribute loot we use a loot council. This is based around officers distributing items in a way that will benefit the entire raid team. Do you have any experience with this system?: Yes, Loot Council is the best system I feel. Guild Information How did you find out about Lunacy and why are you interested in joining us?: A post on mmo-champion forum board. Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving: Colour - Stormreaver. Left this guild at the end of the Cata expansion due to being pretty bored of the game and wanting a new challenge, to meet new people and I wasn't really ever truly enjoying my time there.

Rage Quit - Kilrogg. Guild has long since disbanded, my main reason for leaving was the realm more than anything. Impossible to do anything, including even trying to make gold.

Blood Reign - Kazzak. Disbanded, just another victim of the late scramble to merge guilds and so on to get ready for WoD.

Overall I have had a bad experience on Kazzak with quite a few guilds which I never gave much of a chance as it was clear they were not serious about raiding at any level of quality. About You It would be helpful to have your Battletag to contact you, so please tell us what it is: Reyuna#2645 Please tell us about yourself : I work for the Council here, it's a great job that gives me tons of free time every day after I finish working. I live alone right now but have a girlfriend in London.. don't worry she won't interfere during raid hours, besides which she plays WoW as well. What are your main goals in WoW?: To clear Heroic content quickly and efficiently. I also aim to have every single achievement point cleared before WoD is released. Do you have a stable internet connection?: Yes Is there anything else you would like to add to support your application?: Yes, please get in touch, i'd love to have a TS3 interview to answer any questions at all. Thanks for reading.
Velayna(Sexiest EU)

Hey there, nice to see an app with such excellent attention to detail and proper answers!

We'll get back to you asap (just waiting for our 3rd officer to come online).

You mentioned a TS chat, I don't think we have any further questions due to the detail of your app. But if there's anything further you'd like to ask us just poke Sohrae (believe you have her on Bnet) and we'll be on TS.

One of the most important questions I have here is, do you like sea life? (Seals, Whales, Penguins etc.)

Good luck with the app :)

Alarí

Hey. We would like to approve this application. Whisper one of us for an invite whenever you're ready. :)

If you have any other questions and Sohrae isn't around my tag is Shader#2642.

welcome :)

anngrim
Guild Master

Welcome to zee mad hoose!

Alarí

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum