Who's Online
None

View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Thrassion (DK Tank)

This application is in response to a very friendly reply to my Forum post by ALARI:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10368197513#9

YOUR CHARACTER

Character Name: 

• Thrassion

Character Class: 

• Death Knight

Current Server: 

• Silvermoon-EU (currently Alliance)

Please provide a link to your armory profile:

What main spec are you applying as, and what is your experience with this spec?: 

• MS: Blood (Tank, 575ilvl, Avoidance Build) - I have been tanking on my Death Knight for approximately 4 years, so I know the class and spec inside out. Experience tanking in current content is 11/14HC, which considerable attempt experience on Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

What is your off-spec and experience with playing this?: 

• OS: Frost (DPS + PvP, 570ilvl , Two-Handed Build) - I have only recently begun to utilise my off-spec in the current expansion. I began collecting gear around the start of 5.4 through Flex and Normal runs of SoO. It is now in a suitable position to begin HCs if needed.

Do you research your class and keep updated with class information - what information sources do you use?: 

• Theorycrafting is incredibly important for keeping up to date with class information, especially with the sharp changes to tanking in WoD!

• MMO Champion is my primary source for all new class information, specifically the sub-forums. This is the best place to find out about upcoming changes to classes.

• For information such as tips/tricks and guides, I use IcyVeins. It is a fantastic website with a plethora of useful information.

Please tell us what part of the legendary questline you are on: 

• Completed.

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:

Please provide us with a link to a recent log (even if just LFR):

RAID INFORMATION

We raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 until 00:00 - are you able to attend all of these raid days? If not, please explain.: 

• I will be able to attend every raid each week around 90% of the time.

• 21:00 until 00:00 is an ideal time for myself, due to work commitments etc. Occasionally I do attend evening bike rides on Thursdays after work, which means I may be slightly late to the raid. I also visit my fiancée on Sunday occasionally, which prevents me from raiding. I would however give you plenty of notice to my absence.

Tell us about your raid experience: 

• I have been tanking on my Death Knight for the best part of 4 years, from Wrath up until SoO in MoP. I have also been a Raid Leader and Guild Master throughout Wrath and Cataclysm. I am a very experience raider - after 4 years it is natural to me. I have been specifically raiding SoO both Normal and HC since 5.4 was released. I am currently 11/14 HC with tactic knowledge on all 14 bosses.
  • I use a series of addons to improve my abilities in the raiding environment: DBM, WeakAuras, and ElvUI.

Do you research boss fights in advance - what information sources do you use?:

• I always make sure I have read up on tactics for future fights, as well as studying various videos online. I like to make sure that I am well prepared before I enter a fight for the first time. As a tank your role is watched a lot more closely than any other, so having that previous experience ad understanding is paramount.

• The various website I use are: IcyVeins, FatBoss on Youtube (very good tactical videos for boss fights, albeit quite talkative!), MMO Champion and of course the in-game Dungeon Journal (which so many people overlook!)

We use TeamSpeak 3, do you have this installed?:

• Yes

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it?:

• Yes

To distribute loot we use a loot council. This is based around officers distributing items in a way that will benefit the entire raid team. Do you have any experience with this system?: 

• I do indeed! My previous guild worked around a Loot Council (which I personally prefer over a DKP or EPGP system. I believe it makes the raiding experience much more personal and friendly, rather than relying on a computer program to sort it out for you).

GUILD INFORMATION

How did you find out about Lunacy and why are you interested in joining us?: 

• I originally created a Forum post marketing myself as a DK Tank, as I am currently looking for a SoO HC raiding guild that require a Tank. A shaman in your guild called Alari replied to my post with a friendly offer. At first I wasn't interested in faction changing, but due to the saturation of the tanking market on Alliance, I think it's time I made a change. Plus your guild seems very good!

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving: 

• Core Carnage (Khadgar-EU) - Was a Guild Officer and Raid Leader throughout MoP up until Throne of Thunder, where the guild disbanded due to raiders quitting the game and others moving on. We never managed to clear and HC content sadly.

• Ascendance (Turalyon-EU) - Was a Guild Officer for approximately 7 months throughout HC SoO. I gained all of the current content knowledge through these raiders. I also managed the guild website and kill videos. A few weeks ago around 7 raiders (who were all real-life friends) decided to up and leave the guild to join another. Without a raid team we had to disband and I was sadly forced to move on.

• Symbiotic Ubiquity (Silvermoon-EU) - The guild I am currently in. I was forced to join as a DPS which I didn't want to do. I've been in the guild for a week and I hate it. Their organisation is very bad and their attitude towards raiding and progressions is terrible. I need another home where I am amongst friendly like-minded raiders!

ABOUT YOU

It would be helpful to have your Battletag to contact you, so please tell us what it is: 

• JossRyan#2270

Please tell us about yourself : 

• My real name is Joss Ryan, I am 22 years old and I live in England. I studied Architecture at University and I'm currently working as an Architect on the outskirts of Leeds. I've just recently got engaged to my girlfriend Michaela which is awesome!

• I'd like to think of myself as an avid gamer, simply because I love WoW and every other Blizzard game. I've also been playing on Titanfall which is amazing and a new kind of indie game called Banished. You should check them out! I'm also quite a big Magic: The Gathering player (when I get time to head down to my local gaming store).

• In terms of personality I'd like to think that I'm a dedicated player, who is focused, hard working towards all guild goals, as well as being outwardly sociable and friendly towards others. There's no point raiding if nobody likes you! I'm also incredibly helpful towards fellow guild members and will actively participate in out of-raid activities (as I enjoy them!)

• If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, please feel free to add my BattleTag and we can have a chat! :)

What are your main goals in WoW?: 

• Making a large stockpile of Gold for Warlords of Draenor!

• Gearing and preparing my Disc Priest alt Balthemar for raiding in WoD.

• Destroying the Alliance! (of course)

• Farming (on the farm!)

• PvP (primarily Arena, as I love PvP!)

• Suitable progression through current content both Flex, Normal and HC difficulties.
  • My biggest ambition is to finally after a total of 6 years playing WoW to finally find a stable and friendly guild that I am happy within and can call home.

Do you have a stable internet connection?:

• Yes

Is there anything else you would like to add to support your application?: 

• Well, I have been tanking and raid leading for the best part of 4 years and counting. I know the Death Knight class inside out, and I also research/refine my performance as a Death Knight where I can. Each week I do try to improve upon the last!

• I am very raid conscious, in terms to correct usage of markers, alerts, flasks, food, potions etc... As a tank I have the opportunity to manage an encounter and use my management skills to the advantage of the raid.

• My SoO progress currently is 11/14HC. I have had a lot of experience on Seigecrafter, however my current guild disbanded before I could achieve the kill. In terms of encounters within raids, I am a dedicated and fast learner of tactics and mechanics. If i make I mistake, I will openly admit it and rectify it on further attempts.

• My current Blood spec is 575ilvl, however I do also have a viable DPS OS which is Frost at 570ilvl. This has allowed me to be more accessible for raids, when others wish to tank or only one tank is needed.

• Overall I'd like to think I'm a pretty outgoing, relaxed and friendly young man. I'm reliable for raids and other guild activities. I would say my best trait is my stability and loyalty. I have only been through three guilds during my time on WoW, all of which I have had to leave due to disintegration internally. I'm very big on enjoying the raid and having a laugh on voice comms. WoW is a game after all and we should thoroughly enjoy it together!
Thrassion

Hello there Thrassion.

Thank you for the excellently written and detailed app and for your interest in the guild.

However, in the few days since we replied to your post we have filled our tank post.

Best of luck in your search for a guild, pretty sure you'll be snapped up before long.

Shader

Hello Shader,

That is such shame to hear! (Well not for the other tank of course :P). Looks like I left it too long sadly.

I'm glad you liked my application however.

If anything changes, please let me know as it is currently a nightmare trying to find a good progression guild in need of a tank.

Regards,

Thrassion

Thrassion

yep sad to see that this application came in abit late , i must admit it is an awsome one :)

but as said we filled the spot now , but I wish you all the best for your guildhunt :)

anngrim
Guild Master

Awesome application Thrassion.

Shame it was late but you'll be snapped up in no time.

Best of luck

Alarí

Thanks!

I'm bloody gutted now :P

Thrassion

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum