Character Name:
Shatterbird

Character Class:
Destruction Warlock

Current Server:
Twisting Nether

Please provide a link to your armory profile:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Shatterbird/advanced

What main spec are you applying as, and what is your experience with this spec?:
I'm applying as a destruction warlock, a spec I've played since the start of the Burning Crusade (5+ years). I've mostly stayed destruction, though I have flirted with affliction when it was the top spec at the start of Wrath. In MoP I've only played since 5.4 came out, and i've been destruction throughout.

What is your off-spec and experience with playing this?:
Affliction, and I have very little experience with it this patch as destruction has served me well and my guild hasn't needed the extra dps on protectors. However, I'm happy to learn how to play if it's ever needed, and the dps gain seems substantial.

Do you research your class and keep updated with class information - what information sources do you use?:
Yes, I research all the time to see what other people are doing with the class. I use Sparkuggz' warlock videos, Icyveins, the wow forums and just general googling around if I have a particular question or query about the class.

Please tell us what part of the legendary questline you are on:
Complete.

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:
http://postimg.org/image/6hdoicaxn/full/

Please provide us with a link to a recent log (even if just LFR):
After a number of disastrous LFR and flex attempts, I had a fairly decent (all the bosses died) flex 4. The numbers on Siegecrafter and Garrosh are fairly accurate, though Klaxxi was an LFR-sized mess so I wouldn't read too much into that fight. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/THQBkvdJbaL6PAjp

Raid Information

We raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 until 00:00 - are you able to attend all of these raid days? If not, please explain.:
I'm assuming Wednesday, Thursday and Tuesday from the main website are the more accurate times, which i can attend close to 100%.

Tell us about your raid experience:
I started raiding on a destruction warlock in TBC, spending many months raiding Kara and Zul Aman before progressing to Gruul and Magtheridon. Around the time the attunements got removed, I joined one of the best guilds on the server and started raiding SSC and BT, though we didn't make it to Illidan or start Sunwell before Wrath hit. When Wrath started I raided Naxx on the same warlock and also as a disc priest, and had a great time raiding on both up until we cleared Ulduar when my guild fell apart.

I took a break from WoW and came back briefly in Cata, but had no fun playing the demonology spec that was needed for good dps so I stopped playing again shortly after. Then in Mists I came back around last October and have raided since then, clearing normal on my warlock and I'm currently at 9/14 heroic on my disc priest and loving Siege more than I've loved any raid I've done before.

Do you research boss fights in advance - what information sources do you use?:
I always watch the Fatboss guides before doing heroics, as it helps me a great deal to actually see the fight rather than just read about it. The first time I encounter the heroic fights is on my priest, since she is currently in a more advanced guild than my lock. This means that I start research on a fight from a healer's perspective, so I tend to focus on damage patterns in the fight to try and plan out how to Disc effectively, getting a feel for the boss timers and when each spell will be needed. I'll then clear the fight on my priest, so by the time I do it on my warlock I tend to know exactly what I'm getting into and particularly when to use cooldowns to boost survivability when it's needed the most. If there's any new mechanics to be aware of as a dps, I'll usually look it up on Icyveins as they have great class specific guides, with tips on how to make the best use of mechanics to maximize dps for particular specs. If a tactic isn't working, I'll usually research around to see if any other guilds have tried different things that have worked, to try and help the rest of the raid.

We use TeamSpeak 3, do you have this installed?:
Yes

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it?:
Yes

To distribute loot we use a loot council. This is based around officers distributing items in a way that will benefit the entire raid team. Do you have any experience with this system?:
I have been part of a loot council before and I think it is necessary for progressing at the fastest possible rate. That being said, I think it is important that there is a degree of transparency as to how the decisions are made, and it's important also that the people making the decisions have a thorough understanding of which stats are best for which specs. But really, now that warforged seals are in the game a system like this is likely to cause far less drama than it has in the past.

Guild Information

How did you find out about Lunacy and why are you interested in joining us?:
I was searching through the wow recruitment forums looking for a guild around the same progression as my priest's guild, because I'm really itching to play something more challenging on the warlock than just doing normals again and again. I can make all the days that Lunacy raids and the advert did request a ranged DPS, so that was obviously a good fit. I think, though, the main reason I'm applying to this guild over the other guilds with similar progression is just that i got a good feeling looking at the website (which is beautiful) and the fact that you have a flex/normal team as well as a heroic team just gives me the impression that this is a friendly place that combines the social aspect with competitive raiding.

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving:
I have been in a lot of guilds over my WoW time, but the reason I'm wanting to leave my current guild is basically that it has struggled through a constant flux of players leaving in the lull before WoD, and for me it doesn't really feel like the same guild any more as most of the friends have now left. It's also frustrating to have to constantly go back and gear new people through the same old content to try and achieve the rate of progression we had months ago, only to have them gear up and leave. As much as I've tried to be loyal to the guild, a few weeks ago there came a point where I realised I just wasn't really enjoying the raiding any more, and so I decided it was time to move on.

About You

It would be helpful to have your Battletag to contact you, so please tell us what it is:
Machette#2630

Please tell us about yourself :
I'm a 23 year old male from the UK, near London, and I'm currently in the gap between finishing Uni and starting a course next year I need to complete to get a job. I have lots of hobbies, mostly WoW, but I love reading, cooking, fitness, writing and am generally a very social person who likes to have fun. I'm also very focused on doing things as well as I can, so I can be quite tunnel visioned about the things I'm passionate about, which sometimes can be a good thing and sometimes is not so good :P

What are your main goals in WoW?:
The most fun I have in WoW is progressing on difficult bosses. That's what I play for, I love the hard work of it, the wipes, the research, the tweaking tactics, the trying to muster out every last thing you can to end with a kill rather than a wipe. It's a feeling I haven't had for a long time on my warlock, and it's something I would really like to get back to having, as for me there is nothing better than wiping on a difficult boss again and again but slowly whittling it down until it is defeated.

Do you have a stable internet connection?:
Yes, I have fiberoptic broadband which is pretty flawless, as internet connections go.

Is there anything else you would like to add to support your application?:
I guess the main problem with my application is going to be that my gear is on the bottom of what you asked for at 565 ilevel. I'm hoping that some of my experience and dedication to the game has come through in this application, so you might still consider me even though I wont yet be able to put out the numbers of a 578 geared warlock. As i've said before, I do have experience healing the first 10 bosses so I know what I'm doing on everything up to Thok, and I am sitting on 7 warforged seals so the gearing perhaps won't be as painful as it might at first seem. Either way, I know I've rambled a fair bit in this app so thankyou for reading this far, whatever you decide :)

Shatterbird

re: DECLINED - App: Shatterbird - by Sohrae

Welcome to the forum Shatterbird ,

Please give us some time to discuss you application. We will give you an answer soon.

Lunacy Management

Sohrae
Officer

re: DECLINED - App: Shatterbird - by Sohrae

Hello again Shatterbird,

Sorry for the delay, we had a bit of a hectic weekend. We will unfortunately be declining your application at this time, we wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Lunacy.

Sohrae
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum