Who's Online
None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Closed - App: Armani2825 - by Shader!

The application submitted by Armani2825 is as follows:

Quote:

Your Character

Character Name: Armani
Character Class:
Priest
Current Server:
Ravencrest
Please provide a link to your armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Arm%C3%A1ni/simple

What main spec are you applying as, and what is your experience with this spec?: My main spec is Holy, i have played this spec since in TBC and then changed to disc in WOTLK and played that untill 5.4.
Im very comfortable in holy and feel i can 2 heal bosses without many issues.

Do you research your class and keep updated with class information - what information sources do you use?: I like to read up on what priests are doing alot, and also try out new specs in flex and lfr etc. i read Icy veins, noxxic, how to priest, tales of a priest, MMO Champion and speaking to other players.

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI: http://puu.sh/4ZqzY.jpg
Please provide us with a link to a recent log (even if just LFR):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vqtmm7wrk50qogcz/

Raid Information We raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 until 00:00 - are you able to attend all of these raid days? If not, please explain.: I am usually available most nights a week and those days work well for me.

Tell us about your raid experience: I started playing wow in early TBC... i have raided in various guilds over the past 8 years and killed almost every boss in all raids.
I am currently 14/14 normal with experience on Immerseus HC.

Do you research boss fights in advance - what information sources do you use?: Yes - i tend to look at fights on youtube from fatboss and also read up on fights in icy veins for futher clarification when needed.

We use TeamSpeak 3, do you have this installed?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it?: Yes

To distribute loot we use a loot council. This is based around officers distributing items in a way that will benefit the entire raid team. Do you have any experience with this system?: Yes i usually see this as the fairest way to distribute loot as it takes into account set bonuses, gear level and an even spread of gear.

Guild Information How did you find out about Lunacy and why are you interested in joining us?: i found your MMO Champion post and myself and Jordsafc noted this as a guild around similar progress to ours that were looking for raiders, i feel like we might be a good fit.

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving: Over the years i have been in far to many guilds to remember but i have left them mostly after disbanding or lack of raiding. My latest guild recently disbanded - Nightcore.

About You

It would be helpful to have your Battletag to contact you, so please tell us what it is: Armani#2825

Please tell us about yourself : I am 23, from Sunderland, UK. I work full time as an event planner for businesses which means i have alot of flexibility when it comes to working and rarely have to work nights. I like to online game, drink wine(any wine im not fussy), shop, get drunk in in clubs etc.

What are your main goals in WoW?: My main goals is to progress but with a good social team, i like to have a team that stays on ts after the raid to have abit of a laugh, I would like to do challange modes and also do things as a group to fully optimise my character each week before moving onto another.

Do you have a stable internet connection?: yes - 50mb from virgin

Is there anything else you would like to add to support your application?: My application does come with a clause of accepting the warrior tank JordSafc as we would prefer to play together as we know we can rely on eachothers gameplay.

Thanks for taking the time to read my app nd i hope to hear from you guys soon.

Jay

Armani2825

Hello Armani,

Thank you for the application and welcome to the forums. Please give us some time to review your application and get back to you with an answer.

If you do have any questions feel free to talk to me ingame or ask here.

Thank you,

Lunacy Management.

Sohrae
Officer

Hello again Armani,

We have been discussing your application in detail and it all seems fine. The only problem we can see is that we do not require 100% raid attendance from anyone, and because of this we can not offer anyone a guaranteed 100% raiding spot.

We always have to base our spots around attendance, performance and requirement for the raid in terms of looking at what will work best for a progression kill.

Everyone in our team accepts there is a little bit of competition for their spot which we think is healthy and ensures people do not become complacent. This is also to cover for if anyone needs a day off, which is why we simply can not have a strict 10man roster and have opted for 12-13. This requires us to rotate people occasionally.

With this in mind we leave the decision in your hands.

Sohrae
Officer

Hello,

thanks for considering my application, i must admit im not sure i fully understand the response to my application.

Are you saying that if i accept your invitation to join that i wouldn't have a core space and that i would be used to fill in space?

If you could clarify exactly what joining the guild would mean for me i would appreciate it,

Thanks

Jay

Our 'core' raiding team can not be made up of only 10 players. This would require everyone on the team to have 100% attendance at all times to avoid cancelling raids, this means no days off at all, not even holidays without constantly replacing people which we do not want to do.

To avoid this, we have opted to have a slightly larger roster of 12-13 people. What this means for you, is that occasionally you may be rotated. This is not to say you will only fill a gap and otherwise be benched.

To guild X, a 'core' may be 10 players who always attend and they have 'bench' players who only get to raid if a core raider can not attend a raid - we hate this system, it is unfair on the benched players.

To us, a 'core' is a small team of 12-13 people who must be rotated in a fair way. No one is considered a constantly benched or backup player. If we have more healers than we need on a specific night, one will have to be sat.

If you are concerned that you will only ever raid if someone can not attend, this is not the case, everyone is rotated so everyone has the opportunity to raid each week. For everyone, not just you, this may mean you raid 2 out of 3 raids one week, but 3 out of 3 the next.

Sohrae
Officer

I have been told I am terrible at explaining things without writing a novel, I do apologise :)

Basically, people earn their raiding spot here. If you perform well and are reliable of course you can have your raiding spot, it would be silly of us not to do that.

If this sounds OK to you, then we would be happy to welcome both of you to Lunacy.

Sohrae
Officer

Happily approving these apps. Welcome aboard :)

Looking for another guild as joint app with Jordsafc who is quitting WoW.
Closed.

Sohrae
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LunacyEU Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum