Who's Online
None

View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Siege of Orgrimmar Meta Achievement!

Congratulations to everyone who finished the achievements tonight and got the mount!

Thank you to those who attended on Tuesday and those who attended tonight:
Réstalaan, Anngrim, Khatar, Cuddlyak, Ragher, Lásh, Neslô, Shader and Orbix from Lunacy.
Shiftofshape, Jadenserpent and Kelthir from CoH and Bliide from SFG.

It was good fun doing something a bit different, getting to raid with some friends outside of the guild and meeting some new people :)

We will continue to arrange other activities outside of our normal raiding schedule as long as people are interested, so please keep checking the forum for information.

Sohrae
Officer

Aww, so you had another mount/achievement run :( I would've 100% been there had I known something like that was happening. There was no raid put up for this second one on Thursday and as our next planned raid was indeed on Sunday, I thought there wouldn't be anything in between. 

Sigh, oh well. Gratz on the mount for the ones that got it at least.

Cuddlymon
Social

Sorry but if we can't get 10 people from the guild, we have to get people from other guilds to come with us. This was up the day before (Friday) so there was time for people to check the forum. Our run on Tuesday was purely because we had the evening free, only 2 people from the guild asked if we were completing the meta so we contacted Shift to see if they were available again.

If people do miss achievement runs we can not keep running them over and over again as it would be almost endless. We had to bring a few new people in to complete the last 2 parts which means running the first 2 parts again, not everyone is always willing to keep doing this every time we have to bring new people along. I know this is annoying if you miss stuff, but there is always OpenRaid to catch up. Luckily we also have people who are just happy to be doing things outside of our normal raiding schedule and are happy to help purely for fun :)

On a similar note, it is difficult to plan these events too far in advance as we know we will probably only have a small number of people interested in doing things outside of raiding. We have to plan things based on what people will actually be interested in doing obviously, and then see if we can contact other guilds that may also be interested in coming with us. We then use OpenRaid as a last resort. With this in mind, the majority of things done outside of raid time will likely be on Saturday as that is when it is easiest to get other people to fill a group.

These will always be on Rapid Raid the day before and a forum post will be made. If there is anything specific people would like to do they should let us know so we can see if we will be able to get enough people together to do it. Personally, I will attend anything because I think it is nice to do things with the guild that isn't just raiding current content.

Sohrae
Officer

You can't win with this stuff. If we wait ages before doing the next part, people nag us about when we'll do it. If we organise the next part straight away people complain they missed it. Lose lose situation. Should be used to it after being an officer for so many years :)

yep I agree its always hard to organize stuff outside raids , because you will never get all , but i guess the only possibility is to check the forum once a day , we should all have that possibility if we dont want to miss events

i know i might sound harsh mentionnig that to ppl like cuddly especially , who normally is always on Forum on daylie basis , and just mist like 1 day :(

but im sure if anyone has a better idea how to organize it , officers will be listening :)

anngrim
Guild Master

I didn't actually even read the replies fully. I just eyed them out. I normally never do this but read absolutely everything before answering anything.

I didn't seek retribution nor an explanation on why such a run had been done. You had the folks to do it and you went for it, good. I just expressed my disappointment for the being there and gz on the folks that were there and got the achievement.

Cuddlymon
Social

Seriously, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do outside of the usual raiding schedule or what is the best way to do it, we would like to hear them. My point was really to say I understand it is frustrating if you miss something so is there a way to make this work in a better/more suitable way?

I was actually thinking of putting things up a week in advance but things can change so quickly, I generally only put things on OpenRaid the day before because people just forget they are signed for them lol. We could always put an ideas post up. We would have to pick a suitable day(s) to do these things too, I only suggested Saturday as it seems the best day to get additional people.

Sohrae
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunacyEU Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum